Parent Welcome Letter 2023-2024
A Message from Asst. Principal Alison Huntington
Dear Norwalk Early Childhood Center families,
We are delighted to welcome you into our community! NECC is a safe and engaging play-based learning environment for three and four year old children. We believe in and utilize throughout the day three types of play.
- Free play- unstructured, voluntary, child-initiated activities that are performed by a child for self-amusement and have behavioral, social, and psychomotor rewards. Free may be structured to promote activities that are child-directed, joyful, and spontaneous.
- Guided play- learning experiences that combine the child=directed nature of free play with a focus on learning outcome and adult guidance.
- Play-based learning-a pedagogical approach that emphasizes play in promoting learning and includes developmentally appropriate strategies that can be integrated with exciting learning standards.
NECC is proud to inform you that we have achieved the “gold-standard” in earning National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation. NAEYC promotes high-quality early learning for all young children, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research.
NECC strongly believes that communication is a vital piece of children’s success at school. We have implemented a variety of school to home communications, such as:
- Parent Square
- Email Blasts
- Monthly parent information meetings
- Monthly classroom newsletters
- Weekly NECC Family Newsletters
- Friday morning virtual coffee and conversation with Alison
- Parent/ Teacher Organization (PTO) virtual meetings
- This year we will be adding in-person workshops
As for all Norwalk Public Schools we implement a safety drill monthly. The safety drills assist in keeping all children and staff safe. The drills prepare students to know what is expected. I will notify you monthly via Parent Square to let you know that we have completed a safety drill.
We look forward to our partnership with each and every family. Please feel welcome to reach out to me with any questions.
My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-945-0320.
- Norwalk Early Childhood Center
- back to school
- parent letter
- principal message
- welcome back