Skip To Main Content
Welcome to Norwalk Early Childhood Center (NECC)
- Norwalk Early Childhood Center is an innovative Pre-Kindergarten program for both typical and special needs children
- Promote early literacy, communication, social/emotional, and Kindergarten readiness skills in a safe and nurturing environment
- The NECC program supports the development of each child through exciting academic, cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and creative activities
- The curriculum addresses the strengths, needs, and interests of each child, both with and without disabilities.
- We encourages growth and discovery within a sensory-sensitive environment.
Who We Are
- 6 classrooms
- A School Readiness Classroom that operate from 9 AM- 3 PM. Enrollment is done through the office of School Readiness (203) 854-4114
- 4 Classrooms that have half day sessions. 3 Year Old's attend in the morning & 4 Year Old's Attend in the afternoon.
- An appropriate teacher to student ratio
- Certified staff that includes teachers, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- A creative arts program featuring music, art , theater and movement.
What We Do
- Use age-appropriate content and approaches, our expert staff applies strategies and techniques that incorporate Connecticut Early Learning and Development Standards, and that include:
- Equity for all children through the setting of high, but appropriate, expectations.
- Individual support based on each child’s growth and development.
- A commitment to working together to make sure families understand what their children are learning and how families can support them.
Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum tied to the CT ELDS
- Integrated curriculum addresses the changing needs of young children, promoting the idea that learning is fun.
- Curriculum including centers aligned with the Connecticut Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Fine Motor, writing and early literacy introduced through the Learning without Tears Tm curriculum.
- Has earned NAEYC Accreditation.